For almost two years now since the pandemic started, most of us have been spending most of our time indoors, doing different activities. Night outs became ordinary nights on the couch at home. However, we do not need to let this be the routine. There are still many ways to enjoy your time on your property but outside the house. If you like doing backyard barbeques on your deck, make sure that you call a good fence builder and a good landscaper, then you can have a backyard oasis that will suit your liking! Just consider the following essentials.
- Gardens – without your greens, your oasis will look dull and dry. Healthy plants will make your yard ten times better, so we advise that you mix a variety of plants in your backyard and landscaping. Besides the shrubs and trees, you can have a frame of flower beds. Just make sure that you research the best kinds of flowers that are ideal for the kind of soil, weather, and environment that you have in your locality as this can help your flowers and plants thrive. For small and tight spaces, you can have hanging pots to save space.
- Good lighting – lighting is oftentimes overlooked when it comes to having a great landscape. The thing is, it can affect your landscape, deck, and oasis a great deal. Especially at night, good lighting will transform your space into a vibrant place that can also add more security to your property. You can install lights on the pathway to lighten and illuminate your walkways. The lights can be extended along with the water features, garden, and even the surrounding the pool (just make sure that the lights are waterproof). You can also try some fairy lights that you can put above the tables and chairs in your deck.
- Pool or any water features – an oasis would not be perfect without a pool or any water features that would be surrounded by your garden and/or extensions like the deck. If you cannot have something like a pool, you can try to have some man-made rivers, koi ponds, water gardens, and/or birdbaths. If you are not sure about which to choose, it is advised that you call and consult with a professional landscaper. Although it is still can be done through DIY, experts are more efficient in making the best oasis for you.
- Patios and Decks – of course, if you do not have an extended structure, you would not have any space where you can sit and relax with friends and family. There are many options you can choose from when it comes to the materials and kinds of extensions you would want to have on your property.
- Fun features – besides the essentials like pool, deck, and the garden, you can also add some fun features on your property such as a firepit or some swings, gyms, climbing walls, and other structures that your children can enjoy.
Now that you have the essentials and the fun structures in your property, you can now enjoy the best oasis to cure your boredom!